How to remove PlataMoose (Virus Removal Guide)
What is PlataMoose?
PlataMoose is an advertising platform and adware that services pop-up advertisements across multiple internet browsers. Once a browser is affected, the unwanted program, as well as browser add-ons and extensions will gather user browser data and use the collected data to target internet users.
Potential PlataMoose malware also uses suspicious browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions to adjust current browser settings after install. In turn, these items will change the homepage and default search engine of affected browsers. This will cause browser redirects to questionable search engines.
If ads by PlataMoose are popping up on Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer while browsing the internet, it is very likely that additional items are also installed and will need to be removed to stop unwanted pop-up ads, browser redirects, and other unwanted activities from taking place.
How to remove PlataMoose (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PlataMoose and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the files found during the scan.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner is a world renowned Optimizer that can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PlataMoose adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall PlataMoose
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select ‘Programs and Features’).
2. From the Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for PlataMoose in the list of installed programs. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove PlataMoose add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove PlataMoose add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PlataMoose extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the PlataMoose add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the PlataMoose add-on and remove it if located.