How to remove PhraseProfessor (Virus Removal Guide)
PhraseProfessor (also searched for as PhraseProfessor virus) is an adware type potentially unwanted program (PUP) and generic browser plugin that might sound like a useful tool, but in reality, poses traits most common with a computer virus or undesirable program.
What is PhraseProfessor?
PhraseProfessor is typically promoted as an ad-supported browser web utility that contains features for your web browser.
Potential PhraseProfessor malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by PhraseProfessor are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you and your current and past browsing habits.
PhraseProfessor adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove PhraseProfessor if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
PhraseProfessor and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. PhraseProfessor is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that PhraseProfessor adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
This comprehensive PhraseProfessor removal guide will help you remove PhraseProfessor virus from your PC and get rid of ads by PhraseProfessor on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari.
Remove PhraseProfessor (Virus Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Uninstall PhraseProfessor
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove PhraseProfessor with Malwarebytes
Step 1: Uninstall PhraseProfessor
1. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for PhraseProfessor in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click PhraseProfessor to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find PhraseProfessor in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PhraseProfessor extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the PhraseProfessor add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the PhraseProfessor extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove PhraseProfessor with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “PhraseProfessor” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing PhraseProfessor we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present.[/note]
PhraseProfessor virus removal tips
- If you do not find PhraseProfessor in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing PhraseProfessor you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.