Phishing Website: ipadhdx7.com (My New iPad3! Facebook Scam)
What is ipadhdx7.com – ipad scam?
Ipadhdx7.com (http://ipadhdx7.com) is a dangerous phishing website involved in free ipad3 Facebook scams. The ipadhdx7.com scam website is essentially a Facebook tag-jacking and never-ending survey scam that is also associated with the installment of dangerous computer viruses and malware. Ipadhdx7.com does NOT give away free ipads, this is a common Facebook scam, also see 222ipad.com, 94ipad.com, 46ipad.com, and especially 877ipad.com for more information about these “Check out my new ipad3″ Facebook scams.
ipadhdx7.com is not safe
ipadhdx7.com is a website associated with ipad giveaway Facebook scams and fake ipad giveaways. ipadhdx7.com may infect a computer with computer viruses and malware associated with severe forms of cyber crime, involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
Dealing with the ipadhdx7.com Facebook scam
- If you have noticed a friend’s account posting about the fake ipad 3 scam in your news feed, do not click any links. Your Facebook friend may have been tricked into believing the free ipad 3 scam is legitimate, or their Facebook account may have become compromised without their consent by other means. It is common courtesy to let your friend(s) know about the scam by leaving a comment on the free ipad post, but please be kind to those who have fallen to common Facebook scams.
- If you have fallen for the free ipad 3 Facebook scam, it is important to change your Facebook account password and let your Facebook friends know in order to stop this scam and associated malware from spreading. You can even change your Facebook email account used to login. A recommendation is to publish a post to your friends on your Facebook account, notifying them your account may have been compromised and not to click any suspicious links that your account may post.
- If you suspect your computer is infected with malware associated to the Facebook ipad 3 scam, perform a full system scan using reputable software such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. Navigate to the first tab labeled “Scanner” and select the Perform full scan option. Click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting your computer system.
4. Once the full system scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).