PerfectCoupon (also found as Perfect Coupon) is a free web shopping utility with a bad online reputation. Security analysts and vendors have included PerfectCoupon as a potentially unwanted program and adware because it is deceptive and instructive. PerfectCoupon adware is known to infiltrate a computer system and access personal data without user knowledge. The adware can access and gather all browsing activities, bookmarks, and history. It can make changes to existing browser and system settings (including start-up settings) and serve targeted advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Potential PerfectCoupon malware creates new tasks on Windows Task Scheduler and makes unwanted changes to Windows Start-up settings. These changes will allow the adware to run every time Windows starts and will allow the adware to check if it’s running. The adware will enable itself it it is not running. It may also create new tasks that update the adware and allow additional programs permission to automatically install.
PerfectCoupon is not technically defined as a computer virus, but the program is still a threat or a sign of a serious computer infection. Potential PerfectCoupon malware is known to download and install alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including Health Alert. This means that it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions to stop all unwanted activities from occuring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why it is recommended to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove PerfectCoupon and malicious files that it may arrive with.
The PerfectCoupon extension for Google Chrome and browser attachments that it bundles with have ‘permissions’ set allowing them to perform tasks users may find undesirable. These permissions are listed below.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
PerfectCoupon is frequently contracted without user consent or knowledge. It is used to promote free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web, therefor it bundles with multiple objects. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and more.
Users who wish to consciously install freeware may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install PerfectCoupon adware and other objects during the installation process; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing is often ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner and the adware will install anyways.
In some cases, PerfectCoupon and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove PerfectCoupon (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall PerfectCoupon
- Step 3: Remove PerfectCoupon malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove PerfectCoupon add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall PerfectCoupon
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for PerfectCoupon and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove PerfectCoupon malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.