How to remove PC SpeedBoost (Virus Removal Guide)
PC SpeedBoost virus
The PC SpeedBoost virus (also found as PCSpeedBoost or PC Speed Boost virus; though not technically a computer virus) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) categorized scareware. PC SpeedBoost by Boost Software Inc. is also known as PC HealthBoost and is promoted as an unregistered (free) and registered (full) Microsoft Windows Cleaner and Optimizer tool; however, PC SpeedBoost is may be considered a non-beneficial Windows Optimizer program that participates in aggressive marketing practices in order to create customers.
PC SpeedBoost promotes a free trial that may display misleading information, misleading scan results, and more; including system startup information, and background application information. In turn, results and pop-up messages displayed by PC SpeedBoost are used by the program to potentially scare users into purchasing the full version by registering PC SpeedBoost as the free program will not fix all errors detected by the program unless the user purchases the software.
PC SpeedBoost may claim that a computer system has a large amount of new errors found including shared DLLs, application paths, MRU lists, and others. PC SpeedBoost scareware will then claim to fix a large quantity of errors, but then claims that a small amount of errors can not be completely repaired unless the user purchases the non-beneficial product.
PC SpeedBoost and associated parties may also collect and distribute user information manually submitted online while the program is installed or information submitted to the initial party and involved third-parties, as well as what they describe as anonymous usage information (anonymous information can still be used to identify a person or make communications). PC SpeedBoost may collect complete computing and browser activity. The information collected is often submitted to marketing and mailing lists. Victims have reported excessive email spam from PC SpeedBoost by Boost and third-parties, as well as junk mail and telephone calls from telemarketers at home.
In the short time that PC SpeedBoost and similar software has been active the company has accumulated many complaints filed with the BBB stating advertising/sales issues, delivery issues, guarantee/warranty issues, and problems with product/service.
How does PC SpeedBoost malware get onto a computer?
Potential PC SpeedBoost malware can be primarily bundles with freeware and shareware. This program can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of locations including download.com, and others; however, most users claim that PC SpeedBoost scareware installed without consent.
In some instances potential PC SpeedBoost scareware may be contracted via advertisements, email spam, and compromised social media content. The image above shows that this program was introduced to a machine via a pop-under advertisement introduced by shopperfriend adware.
How to remove PC SpeedBoost
- Automatically remove PC SpeedBoost – Scan for and automatically remove PC SpeedBoost malware
- Manually remove PC SpeedBoost – Remove/Uninstall PC SpeedBoost and third-party malware if allowed
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic PC SpeedBoost removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PC SpeedBoost scareware and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue PC SpeedBoost software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “PC SpeedBoost or simply Boost.”
4. To automatically uninstall PC SpeedBoost (PC SpeedBoost 2.3.0) and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual PC SpeedBoost removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall rogue PC SpeedBoost software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall PC SpeedBoost
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for PC SpeedBoost (PC SpeedBoost Boost Software Inc.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.