PC Protector Plus by Jawego Partners LLC is an Anti-Malware or malware removal type program. It is often promoted in advertised embedded onto video streaming websites, torrenting websites, and pornography websites. The program also be promoted by third-party freeware download managers and software bundlers may as a custom install.
|Name||PC Protector Plus, PC Protector Plus virus *This program is not a computer virus|
|Publisher||Jawego Partners LLC|
|Path||C:/Program Files (x86), C:/Program Files|
|Publisher Description||PC Protector Plus protects the system against the existence of malicious software by detecting and removing the malware that can infect the system.|
|Detection Category||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Detection & Removal Tool||Click To Download Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
What is PC Protector Plus?
PC Protector Plus is described as a malware removal program compatible with Windows 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. It claims to protect your Windows PC from malware, spyware, adware and phishing scams and identify and stop threats while you’re surfing the internet. Our review showed that it did scan properly and provided an easy to read detection log; However, the sample size of this program is not worth the risk compared to actual reputable malware removal tools like Malwarebytes and others.
The program is not essentially free to use. It is simply a free scanner tool. You have to purchase a subscription the PC Protector Plus program in order to take advantage of it’s alleged features. The cost is very high; $39.95 every 6 months and the shopping cart may try to bundle in other programs such as PhotoStudio and PC Clean Plus.
The program and/or programs that advertise this program as a custom install may employ deceptive marketing tactics and/or carefully worded advertisements to generate potential customers. Advertisements circulated by this publisher may be provocative, deceptive, and/or designed to cause anxiety, shock, or fear. A common advertisement from this publisher looks like a computer alert notification message that says “Attention: Your PC performance might be poor” and further states to “click on Yes button below to fix windows errors now.” The advertisement contains a Yes and a No button; both of which are part of the same advertisement and direct to the same URL.
PC Protector Plus Removal Guide
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall PC Protector Plus and unwanted programs
- Remove PC Protector Plus and unwanted browser add-ons
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this program is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this program is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall PC Protector Plus and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this program is to uninstall PC Protector Plus and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for PC Protector Plus in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled PC Protector Plus search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove PC Protector Plus and unwanted browser add-ons
The fourth step to remove this program is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this program is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.