How to remove Oursurfing.com (Virus Removal Guide)
Oursurfing.com is a website associated with potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and browser hijackers in the Adware/ShortcutHijacker family of computer infections. Potentially unwanted programs used to promote Oursurfing.com are known to use deceptive methods to infiltrate a computer system and take control of affected internet browsers. In turn, internet users will notice unwanted browser redirects to http:///oursurfing.com every time they open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the address or omni bar.
What is Oursurfing.com?
Oursurfing.com is a website and search engine that hijacks the homepage, browser shortcut, and internal search feature of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari internet browsers. The browser hijacker will add the http://www.oursurfing.com?oem=unknown&uid=SG12412&tm=<timestamp> argument to a browser shortcut so that the Oursurfing.com site is launched every time a new browser window is opened.
Affected internet browsers will open on the website, as well as redirect to the webpage and search.yahoo.com when users search the web using the browser address or omni bar.
Programs and browser add-ons and extensions used to promote the Oursurfing.com website are detected as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, and browser hijackers by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware engines.
There are multiple programs used to promote this sponsored search engine, and that means it may be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from each affected internet browser in order to completely stop browser redirects to the website and all other unwanted activities from occurring.
Programs used to promote this search engine are known to bundle with additional unwanted programs, malware, and malicious files, which may be hard to locate on your computer system to manually remove. This is why it is recommended to use a malware scanner to detet potential threats associated with this website and the programs that promote it.
How to remove Oursurfing.com
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)
- Step 2: Remove suspicious browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Oursurfing.com search engine
- Step 4: Remove Oursurfing.com from homepage
- Step 5: Remove Oursurfing.com virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 6: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
4. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove suspicious browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Oursurfing.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Oursurfing.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Oursurfing.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Oursurfing.com search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove Oursurfing.com from homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Oursurfing.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Oursurfing.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Oursurfing.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Remove Oursurfing.com virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.