How to remove the Onliweb extension (Removal Guide)
Onliweb is a browser extension similar to the Configs extension that makes changes to your existing internet browser settings. The Onliweb extension will change your homepage, new tab page, and default search engine. This causes your internet browser to start on a new website and redirect to a new website when you search the web.
The Onliweb extension for Google Chrome has permission to change your search settings to: somethat.com. The Onliweb extension will redirect you to http://somethat.com/?q=[keyword] which then will direct you to Google when you search the web.
One of the biggest concerns with the Onliweb extension is that it is often advertised on websites that display malicious advertisements and host malware. If you found the Onliweb extension attached to your browser or have visited a website that displays Onliweb advertisements, it is likely that your computer has become infected with other threats (such as MyStart Space and Search grab) that should be removed.
Onliweb removal steps
The Onliweb removal steps on this page will help you remove the Onliweb extension, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer.
STEP 1: Remove the browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Onliweb extension to remove it.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the Onliweb add-on to remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the Onliweb add-on with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the Onliweb extension to remove it.
STEP 2: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.