How to remove OK Cinema (Virus Removal Guide)
OK Cinema (OKCinema, OK Cinema virus) is adware that serves advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. OK Cinema is commonly detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by reputable security products. The adware is known to bundle with malware, other unwanted programs, and questionable files. Internet users will become bombarded by OK Cinema ads once the adware has infiltrated a computer system and attached to affected internet browsers.
OK Cinema adware utilizes browser helper objects, add-ons, and extensions that usually have permissions set allowing them to access, collect, control, and modify existing internet browser settings and user browsing data. User browser data collected and used for multiple marketing purposes may contain a user’s complete browsing activities, bookmarks, history, information users input into forms, and more.
Furthermore, potential OK Cinema malware bundles with additional items that may cause different issues for computer users. It may be necessary to uninstall additional programs and remove additional browser attachments in order to get rid of ads by OK Cinema.
How to remove OK Cinema
This OK Cinema removal guide provides steps to remove the OK Cinema virus, unwanted programs, additional malware, and ads by OK Cinema on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall OK Cinema
- Step 4: Remove OK Cinema browser attachments
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing OK Cinema. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall OK Cinema using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall OK Cinema
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for OK Cinema. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove OK Cinema browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the OK Cinema extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the OK Cinema add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the OK Cinema add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.