How to remove OffersWizard (Virus Removal Guide)
OffersWizard (also known as Offers Wizard or the OffersWizard virus) is a detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware by reputable security programs. This PUP is often referred to as the OffersWizard virus although this potentially unwanted program is not technically defined as a computer virus. This could be because many user have found similarities to computer viruses in the program and because the program is know to be deceptive and misleading.
Potential OffersWizard malware bundles with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including UniDeals. This means in order to remove this unwanted program and stop seeing ads by OffersWizard on Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer it may be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser attachments.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with OffersWizard can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with OffersWizard can read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with OffersWizard can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with OffersWizard can manage your downloads.
How does OffersWizard get on a computer?
OffersWizard adware is commonly contracted without knowledge alongside free downloadable content. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and email attachments.
Users may be given options to accept or decline an offer to install OffersWizard adware and similar products during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the user request to decline the program from installing is usually ignored or presented in a confusing manner.
In some cases, OffersWizard and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove OffersWizard
- Step 1: Remove OffersWizard add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall OffersWizard
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove OffersWizard add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the OffersWizard extension and other suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the OffersWizard add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall OffersWizard
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for OffersWizard and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.