What is Oasis2Service?
Oasis2Service by DDNi (Digital Delivery Networks) is the title of proprietary software, also known as close sourced software that is licensed and used by many computer and technology manufacturers including HP, Lenovo, Creative Labs, EMU Systems, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, Seagate, Sony, and IBM.
Many have found Oasis2Service preinstalled to their computers and have wondered what Oasis2Service is used for or why it’s there. Many have also stated that the ddni.com website is not clear about their proprietary software’s motives.
Oasis2Service is used to manage a dialogue between a company and its customers in order for the company to interact with the user through their computer so they can recommend software, services, support and products to the user. Oasis2Service by DDNi allegedly creates a sales channel for new and complementary products and services “beyond the store” initial purchase. In other words, Oasis2Service works alike many adware and spyware applications, be that the program may collect and/or maintain user information in order to keep or create customers and sales leads.
Is Oasis2Service safe?
Some may label this software the Oasis2Service virus, but this program is essentially safe, the software is not defined as malware, and most programs will not detect Oasis2Service as a Potentially Unwanted Program or PUP; although the program is not a necessity and may actually be the culprit of many issues facing a Windows Operating System, including Oasis2Service.exe errors, the loss of computer functionality, and more.
Some real forms of malware may also masquarede as Oasis2Service, which in turn can be catastrophic. Many times, if a computer is infected with a computer virus or malware, a user may be alerted of a Oasis2Service error.
Common error notifications are listed below:
“Oasis2service.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.” “Oasis2service.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
An Oasis2Service.exe error may be the result of:
- A computer virus or malware infection
- Damaged hardware
- Botched software installations, which causes the dll corrupted
- Damaged dynamic link library files or files that are not compatible
- Invalid or obsolete entries in Windows Registry
It should be noted that this program may collect information about you and your computer. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browsing and computing habits.
Is it safe to remove Oasis2Service?
Yes, it is safe to remove Oasis2Service and associated software; although, some programs such as Sony Messenger and similar software may use the program and may become obsolete.
Removing DDNi software may also cause common errors previously listed, but there are no reports of this occurring.
How to remove Oasis2Service
- Automatically remove Oasis2Service – Uninstall Oasis2Service using the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform
- Manually remove Oasis2Service – Uninstall Oasis2Service from Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- Remove Oasis2Serive malware – If you are infected with malware, automatically remove the malicious files using the free or full edition of Malwarebyte’s Anti-Malware
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this program
1. Automatic Oasis2Service removal
The instructions below will help you automatically remove Oasis2Service using the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
CCleaner by Piriform
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Tools and select the Uninstall sub-section.
3. Search for Oasis2Service (published by DDNi) in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software by selecting the program in the list and clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Oasis2Service removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Oasis2Service using Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
How to uninstall Oasis2Service (by DDNi)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Oasis2Service (published by DDNi) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
3. Remove Oasis2Service malware
If your computer is infected with malware that masquerades as this program. Please download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware to eradicate any malicious files.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.