Nyan Cat Fly virus
Nyan Cat Fly virus is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and application that usually sneaks its way onto an infected computer system without user knowledge. Once Nyan Cat Fly has been installed it will create additional folders which contain several files including Nyan Cat Fly.dat and Nyan Cat Fly.exe. Nyan Cat Fly usually bundles with other unwanted programs and modifications such as DisableChromeUpdates and NewSaver. Both of these programs perform different unwanted tasks. The first one is a browser hijacker and modification that adds and changes Windows registry keys in order to corrupt internet browser settings and the second one is adware that generates deceptive and intrusive advertisements.
If you find a program or folder with files named “Nyan Cat Fly” you will likely notice unwanted browser redirects to sponsored webpages when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser address bar. This is because Nyan Cat Fly bundles with browser hijackers.
You will also notice unwanted pop-up advertisements because this program will additionally bundle with intrusive pieces of adware.
Nyan Cat Fly adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Nyan Cat Fly if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
[fancy_box title=”Nyan Cat Fly overview”]
- Nyan Cat Fly bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Nyan Cat Fly is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Nyan Cat Fly injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Nyan Cat Fly makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Nyan Cat Fly (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Nyan Cat Fly with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Nyan Cat Fly
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Nyan Cat Fly with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Nyan Cat Fly” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Nyan Cat Fly we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Nyan Cat Fly.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Nyan Cat Fly
How to uninstall Nyan Cat Fly
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Nyan Cat Fly in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Nyan Cat Fly to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Nyan Cat Fly in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Nyan Cat Fly below.[/note]
How to remove Nyan Cat Fly add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Nyan Cat Fly extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Nyan Cat Fly add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Nyan Cat Fly extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Nyan Cat Fly in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Nyan Cat Fly below.[/note]
Tips to remove Nyan Cat Fly
- If you do not find Nyan Cat Fly in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Nyan Cat Fly you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411