How to remove Number Ascend (Virus Removal Guide)
Number Ascend (also found as Number Ascend virus, NumberAscend) is the title of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that produces intrusive pop-up advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. Advertisements displayed by Number Ascend adware will usually say “Ads by Number Ascend” or “brought by Number Ascend” on them.
What is Number Ascend?
Like most adware, Number Ascend adware in particular is commonly promoted by third-party freeware distributors and the publisher as a free web tool and utility that can be used to help internet users find discounts and deals while they browse the web. These programs may be classified as shopping assistant applications by third-party program installers. Antivirus and Anti-Malware databases will additionally include this particular piece of adware in the generic.adware and plugin.adware categories depending on the program’s files. This adware can be found as a Windows program in the Control Panel or as a browser attachment.
Number Ascend displays ‘targeted’ advertisements to internet users while they browse online. This is a privacy concern because targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if it has access to user browsing data, such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on relevant to the user’s past and current browsing habits.
Furthermore, Number Ascend bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Third-party programs and malware that can bundle with Number Ascend adware will cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirections to sponsored webpages, like Jogostempo.com, decreased computer productivity, and decreased internet speed.
Number Ascend adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if Number Ascend is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did Number Ascend get on my computer?
Number Ascend adware can be automatically contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user through third-party programs and files that have remained undetected on the infected computer system. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware are usually contracted without user consent alongside freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content.
Additionally, computer and internet users who seek to download and install free programs and files online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install Number Ascend adware and other programs during the setup and installation process. However, the request to decline Number Ascend adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline Number Ascend from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”Number Ascend overview”]
- The Number Ascend extension for Google Chrome can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Number Ascend extension for Google Chrome can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Number Ascend bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- Number Ascend can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- Number Ascend injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- Number Ascend makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Number Ascend (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Number Ascend extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Number Ascend from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Number Ascend virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Number Ascend extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Number Ascend extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Number Ascend add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Number Ascend extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Number Ascend from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Number Ascend and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Number Ascend virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.