Nicer Together is recognized as adware and a browser hijacker that performs various undesirable tasks. Nicer Together is known to generate pop-up advertisements across affected web browsers and change existing settings; such as the homepage, new tab page, and default search engine. If a computer is infected with Nicer Together the user will notice advertisements in the browser. Internet searches, new browser windows, and new tab windows will additionally redirect to sponsored webpages.
Nicer Together ads typically say something like “Ads by Nicer Together” on them. The program may also generate sponsored search results on legitimate search engine websites like Google and Bing.
Nicer Together Details
|Names||Nicer Together, Nicer Together virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path||C:\Program Files (x86)|
|Removal Tool||Download Malwarebytes|
Nicer Together (Removal Instructions)
These Nicer Together removal instructions show you how to remove Nicer Together, viruses, and malware from your computer and browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Manually uninstall Nicer Together and unwanted programs
- Manually remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Manually uninstall Nicer Together and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Nicer Together Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Nicer Together, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Manualy remove unwanted add-ons and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.