NewtabTV(TVAddict) (Removal Guide)
NewtabTV(TVAddict) is yet again another “NewTabTV” browser extension among the many. NewtabTV(TVAddict) can be considered adware or a potentially unwanted program because it utilizes deceptive marketing techniques and will hijack your homepage, new tab, and default search engine once installed. It will change your browser settings to search.tvaddictsearch.com so that you will redirect to the website when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the address bar.
The NewtabTV(TVAddict) extension is usually promoted and advertised on questionable websites including torrent websites, streaming video websites, and pornography websites. This does not mean that these types of websites that distribute this browser extension. However, legitimate advertising platforms like Google AdSense would never allow this type of extension to be advertised by their advertisements therefor this extension must be promoted by platforms that allow suspicious and questionable behavior.
|Name||NewtabTV(TVAddict), NewtabTV(TVAddict) virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||Watch movies and tv shows easily from legit streaming websites.Override the newtab and default search with tvaddictsearch.com|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to search.tvaddictsearch.com and sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
The NewtabTV(TVAddict) extension for Google Chrome has permissions allowing it to read and change your data on all tvaddictsearch.com sites and change your search settings to search.tvaddictsearch.com.
How to remove NewtabTV(TVAddict) (Removal Guide)
This NewtabTV(TVAddict) removal guide will remove NewtabTV(TVAddict), viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer and browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall NewtabTV(TVAddict) and unwanted programs
- Remove NewtabTV(TVAddict) extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall NewtabTV(TVAddict) and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall NewtabTV(TVAddict) and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for NewtabTV(TVAddict) Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled NewtabTV(TVAddict) Supporting Application search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove NewtabTV(TVAddict) extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the NewtabTV(TVAddict) extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the NewtabTV(TVAddict) add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the NewtabTV(TVAddict) add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the NewtabTV(TVAddict) extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.