NewTab Connect virus
The NewTab Connect virus is a common term used to identify a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) identified as adware and a browser hijacker that may associate with and additionally be detected as spyware. Potential NewTab Connect malware has been reported to change existing internet browser settings such as the homepage and search engine, as well as generate pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other internet browsers by utilizing Windows software, including browser helper objects (BHOs), as well as browser attachments including add-ons, extensions, and plugins.
If NewTab Connect is installed to a Microsoft Windows Operating System, the program and programs that have installed alongside the program such as V9 Uninstaller will change existing browser settings of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explroer, including the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut. This causes affected browsers to start-up on and redirect to unwanted websites when a user boots a new browser window, opens a new tab, or searches the web using the browser address or omni bar. It also makes it difficult to remove the unwanted website from your browser settings.
NewTab Connect and associated programs may observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements. This information may also be submitted to third-party marketing and mailing lists which can result in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers.
NewTab Connect software displays pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads similar to Text Enhance that pop-up when a user hovers over hyper-linked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer. Most of these advertisements will say something similar to “brought by NewTab Connect” or “NewTab Connect Deals.”
How does the NewTab Connect virus get onto a computer?
NewTab Connect primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in advertisements, torrents, and other items on media related websites such as thepiratebay.se.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install NewTab Connect software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove NewTab Connect virus
- Option 1: NewTab Connect Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove NewTab Connect malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove NewTab Connect – This second option details how to manually uninstall NewTab Connect and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-855-887-2337 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. NewTab Connect Removal Software & Tools
The instructions below detail how to remove malicious NewTab Connect files and uninstall NewTab Connect, as well as third-party malware utilizing the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and CCleaner by Piriform.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall NewTab Connect adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall NewTab Connect and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for NewTab Connect, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove NewTab Connect
The instructions below detail how to manually uninstall NewTab Connect from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- Itmay be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall NewTab Connect
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for NewTab Connect and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove NewTab Connect add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove NewTab Connect add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the NewTab Connect extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the NewTab Connect add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the NewTab Connect add-on and remove it if located.