Nevoseek (or Nevo Seek) is a malicious browser extension that can read and change all your data on the websites you visit. The extension fraudulently claims it “gives you the ability to be secure while you browse the web.” Once the Nevoseek extension is installed it will replace your homepage and default search settings with a Nevoseek search engine. It will also collect information about you such as the things you search for online or type into text fields.
The way this extension is advertised is aggressive and malicious. The advertisements will basically “hijack” an internet browser window and force the victims to install the Nevoseek in order to close the browser window. Advertisements like this can be found anywhere and they can also be caused by adware; However, these advertisements are usually embedded on websites that cannot be approved by legitimate networks like Google AdSense due to containing prohibited content.
Nevoseek is known to be advertised alongside malware, adware, spyware, and malicious threats. This means that if you found Nevoseek attached to your internet browser without your consent or knowledge it is likely that your computer is infected with other malicious programs and files that should be removed to secure your safety.
Follow the instructions below to completely remove the Nevoseek extension, viruses, and malware from your computer.
1. Remove Nevoseek extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Chrome extension you want to remove.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the Firefox add-on you want to remove.
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the Internet Explorer add-on you want to remove with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the Safari extension you want to remove.
2. Remove malware with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
3. Remove malware with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
4. Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.