Mysites123.com virus is a reference to a browser hijacker that modifies existing internet browser settings once it has been installed. The mysites123.com website utilizes various programs and browser attachments in order to replace the homepage, default search engine, and new tab page. Once the cooperating program has been installed it will immediately corrupt existing settings and cause affected web browsers to start-up on mysites123.com and redirect to the website when a search is performed in the address bar.
Although many call this threat the “mysites123.com virus” it is not technically a computer virus; However, cooperating objects, like the previously mentioned browser extension that bares the same name as the website, are very intrusive and deceptive. For example, the cooperating browser extension can be advertised as something it is not in order to trick users into installing it. The extension will then have permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, communicate with cooperating websites, change your search settings to: mysites123.com, and more.
- Commercial advertisements
- Browser redirects to mysites123.com and other websites
- Slow and sluggish computer
- Decreased internet connectivity, functionality, and performance
- Bundles with or is advertised alongside malware and other potentially unwanted programs
How to remove mysites123.com (Virus Removal Guide)
This mysites123.com virus removal guide will help you remove mysites123.com, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer and browser.
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Mysites123.com search engine
- Step 4: Remove Mysites123.com homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1. Go to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program) in the Programs section.
3. The Programs and Features window will open. This window contains a list of programs installed on your computer. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click it to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall). To sort programs that were recently installed on your computer click the “Installed On” tab. This makes it easier to identify problematic programs that may have been contracted around the same time you started to notice symptoms of this infection.
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons, select one individually with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
Step 3: Remove Mysites123.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Mysites123.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Mysites123.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Mysites123.com search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove Mysites123.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Mysites123.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Mysites123.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Mysites123.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.