How to remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar (Virus Removal Guide)
MyNewsGuide Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and internet browser plugin with a bad online reputation. The potentially unwanted program has been flagged by the internet security community for it’s suspicious behavior and methods to gain entrance to a computer system and affected internet browsers without user consent. Internet users who have found MyNewsGuide Toolbar installed onto their computers or attached to Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari have complained of unwanted browser redirects to sponsored webpages and of pop-up advertisements.
If potential MyNewsGuide Toolbar malware has been found attached to your internet browser it will make changes to existing internet browser settings. It will change your homepage, default search engine, and your browser shortcut. Once this occurs internet browsers will constantly redirect to questionable webpages and dubious search engines. Browser redirects will occur when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser address or omni bar.
Aside from browser redirects, MyNewsGuide Toolbar is also known to be advertisement supported and will inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive advertisements. The type of advbertisements displayed by this plugin and program are ‘targted’ ads. This means that it will need to access your user browsing activities, bookmarks, browser history, and other data to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on based off of your current and past browsing experiences.
Furthermore there are 3 other major concerns with MyNewsGuide Toolbar. First of all, if you find this program on your computer you may experience a loss in computer functionality. Your computer may become slow and sluggish. This is because an unwanted program like this needs to use system resources, which takes up a high rate of CPU and memory.
Secondly, MyNewsGuide Toolbar bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and potentially malicious threats. This means that it will be necessary to eradicate other unwanted objects when you remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar. Unwanted programs and malicious programs that bundle with MyNewsGuide Toolbar can cause other serious issues aside from the threat of the initially detected problem. And this leads into the third issue.
MyNewsGuide Toolbar and the programs it bundles with can also schedule and create new Windows tasks and add new registry entries. This allows the programs and objects to run every time Windows starts and to remain enabled if disabled by the user or third-party security program. It can also help the programs introduce other potential threats to an already infected computer.
[fancy_box title=”MyNewsGuide Toolbar overview”]
- MyNewsGuide Toolbar bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- MyNewsGuide Toolbar is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- MyNewsGuide Toolbar injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- MyNewsGuide Toolbar makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “MyNewsGuide Toolbar” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing MyNewsGuide Toolbar we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar
How to uninstall MyNewsGuide Toolbar
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for MyNewsGuide Toolbar in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click MyNewsGuide Toolbar to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MyNewsGuide Toolbar in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar below.[/note]
How to remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MyNewsGuide Toolbar extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the MyNewsGuide Toolbar add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the MyNewsGuide Toolbar extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MyNewsGuide Toolbar in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar below.[/note]
Tips to remove MyNewsGuide Toolbar
- If you do not find MyNewsGuide Toolbar in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing MyNewsGuide Toolbar you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411