MVPlayer virus is a term frequently used to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that is known to sneak onto a computer system without user knowledge. Once MVPlayer is installed it will begin to observe and collect user browsing data which it uses to inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive advertisements based off your current and past browsing habits. MVPlayer ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by MVPlayer are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
MVPlayer adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but it is still a threat to your privacy and in some cases the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove MVPlayer if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any malicious files.
[fancy_box title=”MVPlayer overview”]
- The MVPlayer extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The MVPlayer extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- MVPlayer bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- MVPlayer is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- MVPlayer injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- MVPlayer makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove MVPlayer (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove MVPlayer with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove MVPlayer
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove MVPlayer with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “MVPlayer” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing MVPlayer we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove MVPlayer.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove MVPlayer
How to uninstall MVPlayer
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for MVPlayer in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click MVPlayer to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MVPlayer in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MVPlayer below.[/note]
How to remove MVPlayer add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MVPlayer extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the MVPlayer add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the MVPlayer extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MVPlayer in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MVPlayer below.[/note]
Tips to remove MVPlayer
- If you do not find MVPlayer in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing MVPlayer you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411