Mustang Browser is an ad-serving program that modifies existing internet browser settings. Mustang Browser is typically promoted as an alternative web browser to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and others. However, Mustang Browser is recognized as an adware type program that may utilize deceptive marketing tactics and perform unnecessary and intrusive tasks.
Users who find Mustang Browser installed on their machines may also experience unwanted symptoms and complications associate to the program and other threats that it may bundle with. These symptoms are listed in threat details below. It will also create new tasks on your computer in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled in the background while you work.
Mustang Browser may uninstall third-party internet browsers, modify existing browser settings, replace browser extensions, and more.
Advertisements displayed by this adware can appear when you hover your mouse over an image, when you hover your mouse over a text hyperlink (in-text advertisement), or at random times in your web browser. Furthermore, Mustang Browser adware may also produce pop-under advertisements that take-up an entire browser window or browser tab. Internet browsers are usually good at blocking many pop-under advertisements by default.
|Names||Mustang Browser, Mustang Browser virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Description||Alternative internet browser|
|Symptoms||Pop-up advertisements and sponsored search results in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs with additional symptoms
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
Mustang Browser Removal Options
Manual Removal Guide
This manual Mustang Browser removal guide contains steps to help you completely remove Mustang Browser and other threats from your computer. In order to eradicate this threat please follow each step in order.
Mustang Browser Removal Steps
- Step 1: Uninstall Mustang Browser via Windows Control Panel
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Mustang Browser and other threats with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Mustang Browser and existing threats with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner
1. The first step to remove Mustang Browser is to uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel if there is a usable uninstall entry. To uninstall Mustang Browser go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (or Add and Remove Programs) and search for Mustang Browser and other suspicious programs in the list. Once you have found Mustang Browser, double click it to begin the uninstall process. Repeat this step for any other suspicious programs you may have found.
2. The second step to remove Mustang Browser is to remove any unwanted browser add-ons and extensions that may have installed from each web browser on your computer.
|Google Chrome||Go to Customize and control Google Chrome > More Tools > Extensions|
|Mozilla Firefox||Go to Menu > Add-ons|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||Go to Tools > Manage add-ons|
|Apple Safari||Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions|
3. The third step to remove Mustang Browser is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. Open Malwarebytes and click the large blue Scan Now button to begin a scan.
6. Once the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and Finish button afterwards. If Malwarebytes suggests that you restart your computer please do so.
7. The fourth step to remove Mustang Browser is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using HitmanPro; a reputable second-opinion scan and removal tool.
9. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button and then click the Reboot button. *To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. The fifth step to remove Mustang Browser is to clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner.
13. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
14. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
15. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.