How to remove MovixHub (Virus Removal Guide)
MovixHub (also searched for as MovixHub virus or Movix Hub) is the name of a questionable publisher and title of several programs and browser extensions, including MovixHub Start and Search By MovixHub extensions for Google Chrome. MovixHub browser extensions are often promoted by potentially malicious advertising platforms on malicious websites and suspicious software bundlers and download managers associated with freeware and dubious files. This means the MovixHub extensions might attach to your internet browser without your consent or knowledge and alongside third-party potentially unwanted programs, adware type programs, and malware.
Once MovixHub Start or Search By MovixHub has attached to your internet browser it will replace existing internet browser settings including the homepage, new tab, and default search engine causing affected internet browsers to redirect to movixhub.searchalgo.com, search.yahoo.com and other websites when you search the web using the browser address bar.
What is MovixHub?
Search By MovixHub is promoted as a free browser application that allows you to “enjoy the largest database for movie trailers, tv series and celebrity content all in one place.”
Aside from causing browser redirects to ask.com and other websites, the MovixHub extension and adware it may bundle with or be promoted with generate deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The ads are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
MovixHub is not technically defined as a computer virus but this application is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove MovixHub if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did MovixHub get on my computer?
MovixHub and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. MovixHub is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that MovixHub adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”MovixHub overview”]
- MovixHub bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- MovixHub is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- MovixHub injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- MovixHub makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
- The MovixHub Start and Search By MovixHub extensions for Google Chrome can read and change your data on the websites you visit.
- The MovixHub Start and Search By MovixHub extensions for Google Chrome can change your search settings to: movixhub.searchalgo.com.
How to remove MovixHub virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove MovixHub virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove MovixHub
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove MovixHub virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “MovixHub” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing MovixHub we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove MovixHub.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove MovixHub
How to uninstall MovixHub
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for MovixHub or other unwanted programs in the list and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click MovixHub or whichever program you want to remove to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MovixHub in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MovixHub below.[/note]
How to remove MovixHub Start and Search By MovixHub extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MovixHub Start and Search By MovixHub extensions in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the MovixHub Start and Search By MovixHub add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the MovixHub Start and Search By MovixHub extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MovixHub Start or Search By MovixHub extensions in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MovixHub below.[/note]
MovixHub virus removal tips
- If you do not find MovixHub in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing MovixHub you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.