MobilePCStarterKit (also known as MobilePCStarterKit virus, Mobile PC Starter Kit) is adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that serves advertisements on Windows desktop and affected internet browsers. What sets MobilePCStarterKit adware aside from other adware is the fact that it can generate pop-up advertisements at any time. Advertisements displayed by this adware can usually be identified by text that says “Ads by MobilePCStarterKit.”
MobilePCStarterKit usually gets onto a computer system without user consent. This program bundles with free downloadable content, such as freeware, torrents, and other items. MobilePCStarterKit is also promoted through deceptive advertisements and download managers.
What is MobilePCStarterKit?
Publisher Description: With MobilePCStarterKit you will have all the tools you need to work on a business trip, home or whenever you are. This product allows you to download it on your PC and Mobile to earn your time.
How to remove MobilePCStarterKit
- Step 1: Remove MobilePCStarterKit add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall MobilePCStarterKit
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove MobilePCStarterKit add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MobilePCStarterKit extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the MobilePCStarterKit add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall MobilePCStarterKit
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for MobilePCStarterKit and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.