How to remove MiuiTab (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove MiuiTab (Virus Removal Guide)
MiuiTab (also found as MiuiTab virus) is an intrusive potentially unwanted program that is known to infiltrate a computer system and the internet browsers it offects without your consent or knowledge. Once MiuiTab adware has entered a machine it will access and gather user browsing data, transform existing internet browser settings (such as the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut), and it will ultimately inject the webpages you visit with user ‘targeted’ style pop-up advertisements.
MiuiTab adware generates deceptive and possibly malicious pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The ads it displays are known as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your browsing information such as your browser history and bookmarks to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits. The advertisements it displays may also direct victims to survey-scams designed to phish personal information and websites that host malware or promote unwanted applications.
MiuiTab adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove MiuiTab if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
What is MiuiTab?
MiuiTab is usually promoted as a web shopping utility and browser helper object that can help you find online deals and coupons relative to the content you are viewing or have viewed online, as well as display relevant search results.
How did MiuiTab get on my computer?
MiuiTab and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. MiuiTab is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that MiuiTab adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”MiuiTab overview”]
- MiuiTab bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- MiuiTab is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- MiuiTab injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- MiuiTab makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove MiuiTab (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
Option 1: Automatically remove MiuiTab with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “MiuiTab” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing MiuiTab we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove MiuiTab.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove MiuiTab
How to uninstall MiuiTab
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for MiuiTab in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click MiuiTab to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MiuiTab in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MiuiTab below.[/note]
How to remove MiuiTab add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MiuiTab extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the MiuiTab add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the MiuiTab extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MiuiTab in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MiuiTab below.[/note]
Tips to remove MiuiTab
- If you do not find MiuiTab in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing MiuiTab you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.