How to remove Mischa (Ransomware Removal Guide)
Mischa ransomware is a computer virus that encrypts the files on your computer and then demands a ransom payment of approximately $875 to obtain the decryption key. Mischa ransomware is distributed via malicious emails that claim to consist of job applications. These malicious emails contain a link to a cloud storage service that when clicked will download the ransomware’s installer. The link claims to be a standard PDF file (PDFBewerbungsmappe.exe) that applicants can edit or a PDF resume.
Mischa ransomware is also spread by other ransomware infections. For example, Petya ransomware will install Mischa ransomware on your computer if it initially fails to encrypt the data on your computer.
Once the Mischa virus is contracted it will begin to scan the computer for data files it can encrypt that match the png, jpg, docx, exe, and other file extensions. It will proceed to encrypt the files it locates using the AES encryption algorithm. Then it will append a 4 character extension such as 7GP3 to the filename of the files it encrypts. This means that if your file is named file.exe it will become file.exe.7GP3.
In every folder that Mischa encrypts a file in it will additionally spawn two files named YOUR_FILES_ARE_ENCRYPTED.HTML and YOUR_FILES_ARE_ENCRYPTED.TXT. These are ransom notes that contain information about your files, links to a TOR site to pay the ransom, and a special key that each victim must use on the TOR site. The TOR site consists of a payment wizard that provides additional steps to make the ransom payment and various other pages, including a support page.
Text file example:
You became victim of the MISCHA RANSOMWARE! The files on your computer have been encrypted with an military grade encryption algorithm. There is no way to restore your data without a special key. You can purchase this key on the darknet page shown in step 2. To purchase your key and restore your data, please follow these three easy steps: 1. Download the Tor Browser at "https://torproject.org/". If you need help, please google for "Access onion page". 2. Visit one of the following pages with the Tor Browser: http://mischapuk6hyrn.onion/ http://mischa5xyix2mrhd.onion/ 3. Enter your personal decryption code there: [Code removed]
Unfortunately, for those infected with Mischa ransomware there is no free option to decrpyt and recover your encrypted files. However, professionals always recommend that you attempt to use Shadow Explorer to see if your Shadow Volume Copies are intact in order to restore older versions of files that have been encrypted by the virus.
How to remove Mischa (Ransomware Removal Guide)
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove Mischa ransomware and malicious traces from your computer is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer once promoted to do so in a pop-up message from Malwarebytes.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove Mischa ransomware and malicious traces from your computer is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The third step to remove .Mischa ransomware and malicious traces from your computer is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
Mischa ransomware files
YOUR_FILES_ARE_ENCRYPTED.HTML YOUR_FILES_ARE_ENCRYPTED.TXT PDFBewerbungsmappe.exe