How to remove Microsoft(C) Register Server (Virus Removal Guide)
Microsoft(C) Register Server is a process which is part of the Microsoft Windows operating system. Microsoft(C) Register Server is an important part of Windows, but often causes problems and can be disguised by potentially unwanted programs and malware. The file associated with the Microsoft(C) Register Server process is usually located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. If the file associated with the Microsoft(C) Register Server process is not in that folder it is malware. Some legitimate applications use Microsoft(C) Register Server, such as media players. There are also some unwanted programs that use the legitimate process.
In conclusion, if you find the Microsoft(C) Register Server process running without your knowledge, check it out. Investigate whether or not Microsoft(C) Register Server is malware. Open the Task Manager and right click the Microsoft(C) Register Server process. Next, select “Open file location” and see if the file is located here: C:\Windows\System32. The file for Microsoft(C) Register Server might be named regsvr32.exe, even if it is malware. If the file is not in the appropriate folder path your computer is infected with malware that disguises itself as Microsoft(C) Register Server.
Two common malware locations for this file are C:\Windows (main folder) and C:\Program Files\Common Files. It is important to remove malicious files from your computer if they are present.
Microsoft(C) Register Server Removal Guide
Microsoft(C) Register Server cannot be uninstalled manually from your computer, but you can end the process and remove the files in the folder. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove Microsoft(C) Register Server and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall unwanted programs that may bundle with Microsoft(C) Register Server from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find an unwanted program installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for unwanted and suspicious programs in the list of installed programs (like MixVideoPlayer) and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select the program with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that may bundle with Microsoft(C) Register Server from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find unwnated attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Microsoft(C) Register Server with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Microsoft(C) Register Server with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove Microsoft(C) Register Server with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Microsoft(C) Register Server with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.