MetroConcept (Removal) – How to remove MetroConcept
MetroConcept (also searched for as MetroConcept virus or Metro Concept) is a potentially unwanted program and adware that will slow down your computer, collect your browsing information, and display pop-up ads while you browse the web. Advertisements displayed by this program usually say “Ads by MetroConcept” on them.
Those are not the only issues with MetroConcept. MetroConcept is also known to change existing internet browser settings including your home page and default search engine. In turn, this will cause affected internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to trovi.com and other sponsored webpages. It also bundles with other unwanted programs and malware that can cause other problems and put your private information at risk.
What is MetroConcept?
MetroConcept does not have a legitimate description provided by the author, publisher, and download managers of objects that may help introduce it to your computer. However, most programs like this are often promoted as free web shopping companions that can help you find online coupons and deals, or ad-supported freeware type programs that contain special features to enhance your browsing experience. Reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs will detect and remove MetroConcept because it is essentially an intrusive piece of adware.
Potential MetroConcept malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by MetroConcept are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
MetroConcept adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove MetroConcept if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did MetroConcept get on my computer?
MetroConcept and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. MetroConcept is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that MetroConcept adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”MetroConcept overview”]
- MetroConcept bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- MetroConcept is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- MetroConcept injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- MetroConcept makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove MetroConcept virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove MetroConcept virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove MetroConcept
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove MetroConcept virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “MetroConcept” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing MetroConcept we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove MetroConcept.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove MetroConcept
How to uninstall MetroConcept
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for MetroConcept in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click MetroConcept to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MetroConcept in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MetroConcept below.[/note]
How to remove MetroConcept add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MetroConcept extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the MetroConcept add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the MetroConcept extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MetroConcept in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MetroConcept below.[/note]
MetroConcept virus removal tips
- If you do not find MetroConcept in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing MetroConcept you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411