[fancy_box title=”Media Dashboard overview”]
- Media Dashboard also goes by the name Media Dashboard V2.
- Once Media Dashboard is installed it will install a file titled stdrt.exe. This file can be found running in Windows Task Manager.
- Media Dashboard uses a high amount of system resources, including CPU and memory, and can cause a computer to become very slow and sluggish.
- Media Dashboard bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Media Dashboard is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Media Dashboard injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements. It can also be responsible for unwanted changes to internet browser settings, which in turn causes browser redirects to sponsored webpages.
- Media Dashboard makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Media Dashboard (Virus Removal Guide)
This is a comprehensive Media Dashboard removal guide that will help you remove Media Dashboard virus from Windows and get rid of ads by Media Dashboard on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Uninstall Media Dashboard from Windows
- Step 2: Remove Media Dashboard virus with Malwarebytes
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall Media Dashboard from Windows
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2.. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4.. Search for Media Dashboard in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Media Dashboard to uninstall it.
How to remove Media Dashboard add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Media Dashboard extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Media Dashboard add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Media Dashboard extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Remove Media Dashboard virus with Malwarebytes
1.. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Media Dashboard” removal tool[/button]
2.. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Media Dashboard we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Media Dashboard.[/note]
Media Dashboard removal tips
- If you do not find Media Dashboard in your list of installed programs you might need to uninstall third-party programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Media Dashboard and unwanted programs that may associated with it you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats on your computer.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411