How to remove Max Driver Updater (Virus Removal Guide)
Max Driver Updater (also searched for as Max Driver Updater virus or MaxDriverUpdater virus) by CSDI or csmedia.com is malware that usually gains entrance to a computer system without user consent or by use of aggressive marketing tactics. Max Driver Updater will install multiple programs once it has been contracted, including one titled Max Driver Updater and another titled MaxDriverUpdater Service. It will also create multiple folders and Windows registry values. Folders this program may create include MaxDrivrUpdater_v63.942 (also the name of a registry value), MaxDrivrUpdater, and Max Driver Updater.
The MaxDrivrUpdater_Service.exe file that installs with this program is additionally detected as a Trojan drooper (Trojan.MSIL.Dropper) by reputable Anti-Malware programs such as Malwarebytes.
What is Max Driver Updater?
Max Driver Updater malware is promoted as a free and full version program that can allegedly make your computer faster, increase start-up speed, and result in “fewer issue messages when regularly used.” However, as previously mentioned the program is a known security threat. It is considered malware and a trojan that can cause a lot of issues for computer users. Furthermore, driver update type programs are essentially snake oil and offer no value to a computer system. In fact, driver update notifications and automatic or manual updates are free and usually automatic on Windows operating systems, which makes the features that Max Driver Updater offers utterly pointless.
Once Max Driver Updater malware is installed it will begin to perform a scan whether you want it to or not. The program will claim to scan for outdated, old, and “ancient” drivers on your computer. Once the Max Driver Updater scan is complete it will always show results which can be misleading. Max Driver Updater will typically claim that several drivers on your computer are “ancient” and that the improvement potential is high. However, you will not be able to update the drivers unless you purchase Max Driver Updater for around $30 USD per year – why would you pay for something that is free?
Among all the issues that may arrive via Max Driver Updater malware, the program is also known to download and install alongside other potentially unwanted programs and malware. It usually never alone once it gains access to your computer. Our Max Driver Updater review concluded that the program bundled with Spigot adware; However, the adware was not present in the control panel to manually uninstall, but was instead found by third-party scanners.
Max Driver Updater malware also creates and schedules new tasks to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if it has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run. Every time Windows starts Max Driver Updater won’t only just run, it will automatically perform a scan. This can use up a lot of system resources including CPU and memory, which can cause your computer to crash and begin slow and sluggish. For a program that claims to help speed up your computer it sure does the exact opposite.
How to remove Max Driver Updater
This comprehensive Max Driver Updater removal guide will help you remove Max Driver Updater virus from your PC and uninstall Max Driver Updater malware from Windows.
- How to uninstall Max Driver Updater
- How to remove Max Driver Updater virus with Malwarebytes
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
How to uninstall Max Driver Updater
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Max Driver Updater by csmedia.com (or other publisher) in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Max Driver Updater to uninstall it. Repeated the steps for multiple programs including MaxDriverUpdater Service by CSDI.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Max Driver Updater in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for unwanted add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
How to remove Max Driver Updater virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “Max Driver Updater” removal tool
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer once Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Max Driver Updater we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Max Driver Updater.[/note]
Max Driver Updater virus removal tips
- If you do not find Max Driver Updater in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Max Driver Updater you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411