How to remove Martian Arcade (Virus Removal Guide)
Martian Arcade is an intrusive program for Microsoft Windows and browser extension for Google Chrome and other popular internet browsers. The Martian Arcade program and Martian Arcade extension is primarily used to collect user information in the background and promote games available on the martianarcade.com website. Once Martian Arcade is installed it will redirect users to the martianarcade.com website and an icon will appear in the top menu of your browser window.
Although Martian Arcade might seem like harmless application the program and native browser extension are both recognized as adware by reputable sources. The way that Martian Arcade adware is distributed is a very big concern. The distribution of the program allows it to bundle with other unwanted programs and malware. This means that if you find this program installed on your computer it is likely that other threats are present and should be removed immediately.
Martian Arcade Distribution Method
Martian Arcade typically bundles with other programs that are downloaded from a questionable source without consent of the user. Downloading objects online inlcuding freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if you download it from a malicious site it can lead to a computer infection.
If the computer user has previously downloaded a malicious program, Martian Arcade adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without disclosure. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something else. Malicious publishers sometimes hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances Martian Arcade may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
Users who have found Martian Arcade installed on their computers without their knowledge may have accidentally installed the program from websites that promote streaming videos. Martian Arcade may claim to allow users to stream torrents in open browser windows on certain websites once it has been installed.
Martian Arcade Details
|Names||Martian Arcade, MartianArcade 1.1.105, MartianArcade, Martian Arcade virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher’s Description||Play free web games, free online games, free games and more!|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Martian Arcade (Virus Removal Guide)
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Martian Arcade and unwanted programs
- Remove Martian Arcade extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Martian Arcade and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Martian Arcade (or MartianArcade) in the list of programs and double click it to begin the uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled Martian Arcade, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove Martian Arcade extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Martian Arcade extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Martian Arcade add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the Martian Arcade add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Martian Arcade extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.