How to remove MapQuest Button (Virus Removal Guide)
MapQuest Button virus
MapQuest Button (Map Quest Button) is an advertisement supported potentially unwanted program (PUP) and potential malware in the adware category of computer threats. MapQuest Button and associated programs, browser add-ons, browser helper objects, and extensions are used to access user information and serve targeted advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
MapQuest Button and related programs that the initial item may bundle with collect user information, including a user’s complete browser activity and history. The program may also make edits to existing internet browser settings of infected browsers and place files on a computer system in order to track user activities.
Ads by MapQuest Button are generated in a variety of forms and can also be displayed by third-party advertising platforms such as Text Enhance. Advertisements generated by this and similar programs include generic pop-ups and banners, in-text ads, and more. Advertisements served by this program are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads brought by MapQuest Button” or “click to continue.”
The MapQuest Button add-on and extension may also cause unwanted browser redirects when a user searches the web using the browser address bar, opens a new tab, or opens a new browser window.
How to remove the MapQuest Button virus
- Option 1: MapQuest Button Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove MapQuest Button malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove MapQuest Button – This second option details how to manually uninstall MapQuest Button and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. MapQuest Button Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove MapQuest Button and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to scan your computer after you update the database.
4. To initiate a scan, click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall MapQuest Button adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall MapQuest Button and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for MapQuest Button, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove MapQuest Button
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall MapQuest Button adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall MapQuest Button
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for MapQuest Button and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove MapQuest Button add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove MapQuest Button add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MapQuest Button extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the MapQuest Button add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the MapQuest Button add-on and remove it if located.