How to remove MalwareLion (Virus Removal Guide)
MalwareLion Anti-Malware Premium (Malware Lion, MalwareLion virus) is a malicious program according to security vendors and analysts, as well as Google Safe Browsing. MalwareLion Anti-Malware claims to be a legitimate and safe Anti-Malware product; However, the program is known to harm computer systems and cause other serious complications.
MalwareLion Anti-Malware by 337 Technology Limited (or other Publisher) is detected as rogue software or scareware that uses various unethical marketing practices and tactics to make it’s way onto a computer system and cause problems for computer users. MalwareLion will often bundle with a large sum of additional adware and other unwanted programs, including browser add-ons and extensions used to access, collect, and change browser information and settings, as well as cause unwanted browser redirects and block legitimate websites (including botcrawl.com) by redirecting users to block.malwarelion.org.
The MalwareLion virus (although not technically a computer virus by definition) is often contracted via suspicious advertisements, freeware, and torrent files. This program may also bundle with similar malware including YAC. There is no specific distribution point for the rogue program and the program is difficult to find online as a standalone item for manual installation
The executable file for this program MalwareLion_Anti-Malware_Premium.exe is a known harmful file that can hurt a computer system if downloaded.
How to remove MalwareLion (Virus Removal)
This MalwareLion removal guide will help you remove the MalwareLion virus and uninstall MalwareLion Anti-Malware Premium and other rogue malware from Microsoft Windows.
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove MalwareLion and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall MalwareLion adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall MalwareLion
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for MalwareLion Anti-Malware Premium by 337 Technology Limited (or other Publisher) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.