How to remove Malware Protection Live
Malware Protection Live
Malware Protection Live (Malware Protection Live virus, MalwareProtectionLive) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that infiltrates a PC or laptop without user consent or knowledge. The program has a bad online reputation and is known to install alongside malware, adware, spyware, and other dangerous cyber threats.
Malware Protection Live is advertised as a free anti-malware engine for your PC. The publisher claims that the program leverages cloud based threat detection and daily definition updates to protect you from malware and potentially unwanted programs.
Our Malware Protection Live review found that the program is useless. The applications is not like other Antimalware programs; It has no interface and it only consists of a standalone red window that says PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER FROM MALWARE. Furthermore, the window cannot be closed, it can only be minimized.
Malware Protection Live creates and schedules new tasks in Windows task manager named MalwareProtectionClient that allows the program to run every time Windows starts. The program can also check to see if it has been closed or disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run in the background.
Whenever Windows is launched the program will automatically run a scan which can use system resources including CPU and memory. This can cause your computer to become slow and sluggish or crash.
Uninstall Malware Protection Live
- Right-click Windows start menu and select Programs and Features or open the start menu and go to the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Find Malware Protection Live in the list of installed programs and double-click it to begin the uninstall process.
Remove Malware Protection Live with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove Malware Protection Live with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.
How to stay protected against future infections
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
Common Online Guidelines
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know