If you have found a program called “LighterInstance” installed on your computer you might be in trouble. LighterInstance is a deceptive and intrusive adware type program and PUP that primarily displays ‘targeted’ advertisements, but it can also arrive on a computer system alongside very severe variants of malware. This is why many have coined this unwanted program as the “LighterInstance virus” even though it is not technically defined as a computer virus. It is recommended to remove LighterInstance adware if you find it installed on your computer and the LighterInstance removal guide on this webpage will help you do just that.
What is LighterInstance?
LighterInstance does not have a legitimate description from the publisher; However, programs and browser add-ons and extensions similar to it are often promoted by third-party freeware and download managers as a bundled web shopping assistant or web utility program that help help internet users find coupons and deals.
Potential LighterInstance malware generates very deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by LighterInstance are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing data (including all your data on the websites you visit, bookmarks, and browser history) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits. You do not want programs like these to be able to track you because your personal information may also be used for other purposes.
LighterInstance adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you uninstall LighterInstance malware if you find it installed on your computer or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension. Also, use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files that are difficult to manually detect.
How did LighterInstance get on my computer?
LighterInstance and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. LighterInstance is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that LighterInstance adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”LighterInstance overview”]
- LighterInstance bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- LighterInstance is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- LighterInstance injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- LighterInstance makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove LighterInstance virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove LighterInstance virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove LighterInstance
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove LighterInstance virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “LighterInstance” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing LighterInstance we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove LighterInstance.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove LighterInstance
How to uninstall LighterInstance
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for LighterInstance in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click LighterInstance to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find LighterInstance in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove LighterInstance below.[/note]
How to remove LighterInstance add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the LighterInstance extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the LighterInstance add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the LighterInstance extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find LighterInstance in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove LighterInstance below.[/note]
LighterInstance virus removal tips
- If you do not find LighterInstance in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing LighterInstance you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411