How to remove Koala Personal Search (Virus Removal Guide)
This Koala Personal Search removal guide will help you remove Koala Personal Search virus and unwanted toolbars to get rid of pop-up ads stop browser redirects to Koala Personal Search on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is Koala Personal Search?
Koala Personal Search is a suspicious search engine and the title of a browser add-on and extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer that many malware analysts have labeled a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the browser hijacker category of computer threats.
Potential Koala Personal Search malware is also labeled as suspicious because the of the bad and unknown reputation the attachment and website obtain online. In most cases reviews of these two items are bad or unknown; However, there are some good reviews, but they all appear to be fake and configured by associated parties.
This browser item is promoted as freeware that allows users to log in with their personal social media accounts in order to gather related data through their accounts and displayed via the toolbar included with this program when browsing the web.
Many have found the application to be entirely bothersome and intrusive as this program often has permissions set allowing them to perform tasks users wouldn’t consciously agree to. An example of this can be seen in the permissions set for the Google Chrome extension. The permissions claim that the Chrome attachment can “read and modify all your data on the websites you visit.” This can mean a lot of personal data, including browsing activities, browser history, bookmarks, searched terms, email addresses, full names, age, email address, phone number, and so on. It is unclear what this data may be used for in this particular situation, but with similar items victims can often expect unwanted email spam, junk mail at home, suspicious telephone calls, sponsored search results and pop-up advertisements that target online users, and more.
Malware analysts have claimed that the browser attachment and websites associated with the Koala Personal Search add-on and extension can cause many complications for computer and internet users. The most forefront symptoms of the “Koala Personal Search virus” (although not a computer virus) are browser redirects to Koala Personal Search and other websites that occur when users boot a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser address bar.
It can also be concluded that the Koala Personal Search extension may use unnecessary resources and memory. This can cause internet connectivity issues and slower internet speeds.
How to remove Koala Personal Search
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. You may find items such as Bit Toolbar installed that will need to be deleted.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall Koala Personal Search
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Koala Personal Search and other potentially unwanted software. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. Continue to uninstall any programs that this item may have bundled with.
How to remove Koala Personal Search add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Koala Personal Search extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Koala Personal Search add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Koala Personal Search add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Koala Personal Search search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Once located, remove the Koala Personal Search search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Koala Personal Search search engine from the list once found.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the Koala Personal Search search engine to remove it.
How to remove Koala Personal Search homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove the unwanted URL from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove the unwanted URL from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove the unwanted URL and replace it with your preferred webpage.