K9-PCFixer by K9 Tools is a program that may cause issues for computer users. It is widely reported by malware analysts to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that employs deceptive marketing tactics to create customers. It is promoted as a free Microsoft Windows cleaner and optimizer; However, the program is not free to use.
This program is often referred to as the K9-PCFixer virus even though it is not technically defined as a computer virus; However, K9-PCFixer may share many of the same characteristics as known malware and malicious programs.
This program usually downloads and installs without user knowledge. It is primarily contracted alongside freeware and free downloadable content.
What is K9-PCFixer?
Publisher Description: K9-PCFixer scans your PC registry and finds harmful entries, errors and problems that cause windows crashes and poor performance of your PC. It repairs and cleans the detected issues for a smoother system experience. Windows Registry is a database that contains information required to run Windows properly. Registry creates an entry of each installed program but usually does not remove the entry when you uninstall the program and no longer required it. Over time and after many installations and un-installations if the unneeded and invalid entries are not removed, these entries accumulate and clutter the registry. This may cause various PC problems such as slow down, instability, crashes and frequent error messages. K9-PCFixer’s advanced scan engine finds, repairs and removes invalid and obsolete entries, helping your PC run smooth and error free.
How to remove K9-PCFixer
- Step 1: Uninstall K9-PCFixer from Windows
- Step 2: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 3: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Uninstall K9-PCFixer from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for K9-PCFixer and other unwanted programs. Once the program is located, double click the program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 2: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing malware and potentially unwanted programs. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 3: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall K9-PCFixer using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.