How to remove K9-PC Protector (Virus Removal Guide)
K9-PC Protector by k9tools.com is a program that may cause issues for computer users. It is widely reported by malware analysts and internet security vendors as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that employs deceptive marketing tactics to create customers. It is promoted as a free Microsoft Windows malware removal tool and shield against malicious threats; However, the program is not free to use.
Once K9-PC Protector is installed it will begin to perform a scan through internet cookies, system memory, system registry, files and folders, and invalid Windows settings. When the scan is complete the product will suggest that you purchase the full version to remove items and protect your PC.
What is K9-PC Protector?
Publisher Description: K9-PC Protector removes malware infections existing on users’ PC. Malware is the acronym for malicious software and it disrupts the flow of computer operations adversely.
K9-PC Protector acts as a protection shield for the system against malware threats. It provides protection against the malicious items on a user’s PC. Its key function is to detect and remove the malware software that has already got installed on the system.
How to remove K9-PC Protector
- Step 1: Uninstall K9-PC Protector from Windows
- Step 2: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 3: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Uninstall K9-PC Protector from Windows
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for K9-PC Protector. Once the program is located, double click the program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 2: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing malware and potentially unwanted programs. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 3: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall K9-PC Protector using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.