How to remove Jungle Net (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove Jungle Net (Virus Removal Guide)
Jungle Net (also searched for as Jungle Net virus, JungleNet) is a very deceptive piece of adware that displays intrusive pop-up ads while you browse the web. Jungle Net adware can affect Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari internet browsers. It is known to cause many problems for computer and internet users. It can frustrate computer users with pop-up ads and slower internet speeds, and it can also be the sign of a severe malware infection because it is known to bundle and arrive onto a computer system alongside malicious software.
What is Jungle Net?
Jungle Net does not have a legitimate description from the author; However, programs and browser add-ons and extensions similar to it are often promoted by third-party freeware and download managers as a bundled web shopping assistant or web utility program that help help internet users find coupons and deals.
Jungle Net adware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Jungle Net are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Jungle Net adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Jungle Net if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Jungle Net get on my computer?
Jungle Net and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Jungle Net is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Jungle Net adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Jungle Net overview”]
- Jungle Net bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Jungle Net is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Jungle Net injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Jungle Net makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Jungle Net virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Jungle Net virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Jungle Net
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Jungle Net virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Jungle Net” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Jungle Net we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Jungle Net.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Jungle Net
How to uninstall Jungle Net
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Jungle Net in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Jungle Net to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Jungle Net in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Jungle Net below.[/note]
How to remove Jungle Net add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Jungle Net extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Jungle Net add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Jungle Net extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Jungle Net in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Jungle Net below.[/note]
Jungle Net virus removal tips
- If you do not find Jungle Net in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Jungle Net you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411