Italic Soften (Italic Soften virus or ItalicSoften) is a very deceptive and intrusive piece of cross-browser adware that is used to primarily inject the webpages you visit with advertisements. Italic Soften will usually arrive on a computer alongside other potentially unwanted programs (PUP) and malware. Once this adware has infected a computer it will access user browsing data and use the data to manufacture ‘targeted’ advertisements.
What is Italic Soften?
Italic Soften and most adware applications are commonly promoted as free web shopping utilities which can be used to help internet users locate online coupons and deals. Italic Soften can be found as a Windows program that can be uninstalled from Windows Control Panel or as a web browser attachment.
As previously mentioned, Italic Soften adware serves ‘targeted’ advertisements as opposed to random and irrelevant ads. This is a privacy concern because targeted advertisements can only be specifically produced by the adware if it has access to user browsing data such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history.
Furthermore, potential Italic Soften malware is never alone. It bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats including Windesk Search. This means that it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Italic Soften adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if Italic Soften is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did Italic Soften get on my computer?
Italic Soften is a piece of bundled adware that automatically installs onto a computer system alongside third-party objects including freeware and dubious torrent files. The program is never self promoted by its title and is always packed inside third-party download manages and installers. This program will install and download in the background without user consent or knowledge.
How to remove Italic Soften (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Italic Soften from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Italic Soften virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove unwanted extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for unwanted add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
Step 2: Uninstall Italic Soften from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Italic Soften and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Italic Soften virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.