Block ipsemalt.com referrer spam in Google Analytics
ipsemalt.com is a referrer spam URL associated with notorious spammer semalt.com. The spam URL is designed to mix deceptive web data into your Google Analytics account in order to aggressively gain your attention and provoke you to visit the website or search for it online. ipsemalt.com referral traffic is not essentially harmful to your website and it will not negatively affect the way your website appears in Google Search Results Pages; However, referrer spam from this URL can ruin your website’s appropriate data measured in Google Analytics reports, such as your bounce rate and duration on site.
ipsemalt.com referrer spam and referrer spam from other well known URLs such as googlemare.com has become a very big issue and hot topic of discussion for many webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Unwanted ipsemalt.com referral traffic can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URL usually appears to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which interfere with your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that ipsemalt.com referral spam can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports.
Fortunately, we have created a guide to block ipsemalt.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that targets the Campaign Source. This will stop ipsemalt.com referral spam from interfering with your data measured by Google Analytics.
What is ipsemalt.com?
ipsemalt.com is a referrer spam URL associated with semalt.com The website promotes a free website IP tracer to identify websites of IP networks and sub-networks.
The downside to unwanted ipsemalt.com referral traffic for website owners is that it can mess up the appropriate Google Analytics data.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
ipsemalt.com referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block ipsemalt.com referral spam in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to block ipsemalt.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop ipsemalt.com referral traffic at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add ipsemalt.com or something you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add ipsemalt.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | ipsemalt.com