How to remove india.com virus
India.com virus is a very capacious term used to identify ransomware that encrypts files, adds the @india.com extension to the files, and holds the files for ransom. The india.com virus will also leave ransom notes in every folder it encrypts files in or display a full-screen message in a new window or as the background on Windows Desktop. The ransom note explains what happened to the files and details how to pay the ransom to decrypt and recover encrypted files. The note regularly claims that the computer owner is responsible for some sort of violation and therefor must pay a fine to decode files and maintain full access to the machine.
It is possible that several variants of ransomware may use the @india.com file extension. One example of ransomware that uses this file extension is Payfornature and an email address used with this ransomware is Payfornature@india.com. The email addresses connected to @india.com may change per each infection.
India.com ransomware like this is commonly spread through malicious email attachments. The email attachments utilize social engineering to trick unsuspecting victims into downloading and executing the attached file. Once the file is executed the ransomware will slowly follow through with the mission to encrypt your files and scare you into paying a ransom or fine to recover them.
It is not suggested by the professional cyber security community to pay ransomware authors in order to retrieve your files unless you are completely out of options. Instead you can use programs like Shadow Explorer, PhotoRec, or Recuva to restore files.
Aliases: india.com virus, india.com ransomware
India.com virus removal guide
2. Run the program and start the Recuva Wizard.
3. Select All Files and click Next.
4. Select a file location. Click I’m not sure to search everywhere on your computer.
5. Click Start.
6. Select All Files with your mouse and click the Recover button. If you cannot restore your files with Recuva we recommend to try using Shadow Explorer to restore your files.
7. Download and Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to detect and remove malicious files from your computer.
8. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
9. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
10. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
11. Download and Install HitmanPro by Surfright to perform a second-opinion scan.
12. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
13. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
14. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
15. Click the Reboot button.
16. Download and Install CCleaner by Piriform to cleanup junk files, repair your registry, and manage settings that may have been changed.
17. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
18. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
19. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
!Where_are_my_files!.html %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\x.vbs %AppData%\bg.jpeg %AppData%\files.txt %AppData%\keys.dat %UserProfile%\india.com\[ransomware_exec].exe
HKCU\Software\india.com\ HKCU\Software\india.com\AESFORUPRIVATE HKCU\Software\india.com\UPRIV
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know