How to remove “IlividLive” (Virus Removal Guide)
IlividLive by InMind Inc. and Ilivid (also found as iLivid Live New Tab) is an adware type browser extension that changes your existing internet browser settings, such as the homepage, default search engine, and new tab, and additionally serves or bundles with other objects that serve advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and other web browsers. The IlividLive extension is not essentially considered malicious, but it is very misleading, dishonest, and may cause several issues and bundle with other unwanted programs and malware, as well as promote deceptive and untrustworthy webpages and search results. The extension will essentially generate unwanted advertisements in the browser and cause browser redirects to questionable webpages when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser address bar.
|Name||IlividLive, IlividLive virus, IlividLive by InMind Inc, iLivid Live New Tab|
|Category||Browser Hijacker, Adware|
|Short Description||The program is promoted as a free extension that provides a map and driving directions.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||It’s official page, freeware, third-party download managers, dubious advertisements and torrents.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By IlividLive|
What is IlividLive?
iLivid Live claims to “offer you the biggest movies and shows database while keeping you up to date with celebrity gossip, teasers, spoilers and reviews.” They claim the extension can help you can find funny videos and clips, easily search the web and always remain on top of future releases. The extension is free to use from your browser new tab page. Even if IlividLive does what it is supposed to do, the user can be affected because of its data collection policy, permissions set by the extension, and changes to existing internet browser settings.
The IlividLive extension for Google Chrome has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit and manage your apps, extensions, and themes. The extension does not mention that it will take over your homepage (start page) and cause your browser to redirect to ilividlive.com when you search the web using the browser address bar or open a new browser window or tab. Additionally, here are two quotes from common a third-party adware policy regarding the type of information collected while using the add-on.
Collection of Non-personally Identifiable Information
→Non-personally identifiable information, which can be gathered by User’s use of this program (“Non-personal Information”). The actual identity of the User, from which the Non-personal Information is collected, is not known. Non-personal Information consists of technical information and aggregated usage information, and may contain, among other things, the User’s activity on this program, User’s operating system (…).
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information:
→Personally identifiable information is information that identifies an individual User, and may or may not be private or sensitive (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may consist of the User’s IP address or other persistent User identifier, which is unique to your device and assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and used primarily to improve the User’s experience and for geographic personalization and security purposes (…).
If personal details are collected by or shared with a third party, the user may be endangered in several ways:
- Banking and credit card information may be accessible to hackers.
- Third party tracking technology may be applied to his browser.
- Excessive email spam, telephone calls from telemarketers and scam artists, and junk mail at home.
Furthermore, ad-supported software is known to:
- Generate intrusive or suspicious ads that redirect to predefined or compromised websites.
- Promote unwanted programs, malware, and rogue products that affect the system’s performance by altering the Registry, Scheduler, and other existing settings.
IlividLive Removal Guide
IlividLive can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove IlividLive and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall IlividLive from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall IlividLive and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find IlividLive installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for IlividLive and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select IlividLive with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled IlividLive look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove IlividLive extension
Follow the instructions to remove IlividLive add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a IlividLive attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove IlividLive from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the IlividLive extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the IlividLive add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the IlividLive extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove IlividLive with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove IlividLive with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove IlividLive with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove IlividLive with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.