How to remove iconomize (Virus Removal Guide)
iconomize is a program that usually gets onto a computer system without user consent or knowledge. It is detected by popular internet security programs as adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). iconomize adware enters a computer system alongside other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious files. It is commonly automatically downloaded and installed by untrustworthy third-party software bundlers such as Installerex which is mainly distributed by freeware download managers and dubious torrent files.
iconomize adware is a privacy concern because it generates ‘targeted’ advertisements and these types of ads can only be produced by the adware if the unwanted program has obtained unauthorized access to personal browsing data including all browsing activities, bookmarks, and browser history.
Furthermore iconomize adware and third-party programs that it bundles with will also cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirects to sponsored webpages, decreased computer productivity, and decreased internet speed.
iconomize removal guide
This iconomize removal guide will help you remove iconomize adware from your PC in order to get rid of ads by iconomize and stop other unwanted symptoms.
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove iconomize browser attachments
- Step 2: Uninstall iconomize from Windows
- Step 3: Remove iconomize virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove iconomize browser attachments
Before you move forward we strongly recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
Virus Removal Helpline
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the iconomize extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the iconomize add-on on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Select it and click remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the iconomize extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall iconomize from Windows
1. Go to Start Menu > Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. Search for iconomize and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove iconomize virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and click the Scan Now button to perform a scan.
3. When Malwarebytes is done scanning your computer you will be directed to a list of threats found by the program including PUP.Optional.iconomize.A. Click the Remove Selected button, click the Finish button, and reboot your computer if promoted by Malwarebytes to do so.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open CCleaner and go to Cleaner. Click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the registry scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find anything suspicious in the list select it and click Delete.