How to remove HQ-V-Pro (Virus Removal Guide)
HQ-V-Pro (HQ V Professional) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) detected as adware and a browser hijacker that may associate with and additionally be detected as spyware. Potential HQ-V-Pro malware has been reported to change existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other internet browsers by utilizing Windows software, including browser helper objects (BHOs), as well as browser attachments including add-ons, extensions, and plugins.
Once HQ-V-Pro is installed, a user may notice pop-up advertisements, browser redirects, and unwanted browser startup.
Advertisements displayed by this program can often be identified by text that says “Ads by HQ-V-Pro” or something similar.
HQ-V-Pro primarily bundles with freeware and shareware, but can also be contracted via advertisements, email spam, and social media content.
How to remove HQ-V-Pro virus
- Option 1: HQ-V-Pro Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove HQ-V-Pro malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove HQ-V-Pro – This second option details how to manually uninstall HQ-V-Pro and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-855-887-2337 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. HQ-V-Pro Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove HQ-V-Pro and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall HQ-V-Pro adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall HQ-V-Pro and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for HQ-V-Pro, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove HQ-V-Pro
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall HQ-V-Pro adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall HQ-V-Pro
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for HQ-V-Pro and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove HQ-V-Pro add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove HQ-V-Pro add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the HQ-V-Pro extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the HQ-V-Pro add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the HQ-V-Pro add-on and remove it if located.