Block how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com referral spam
how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com is one of the latest referrer spam URLs that recently started to a new spam campaign. how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com referral traffic is designed to be eye-catching. It mixes into your Google Analytics reports and fills your account with false data in order to provoke you to visit the webpage. Web traffic from how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com does not actually land on your website. It is a type of referral traffic known as ghost spam. Instead this referrer will target your Google Analytics data.
The people behind the how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com website are notorious for referrer spam. They have many domain names and have been doing this for quite some time. They even have use another similar URL: how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.iliovevitaly.com. block how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com google analytics actually forwards to this webpage.
Referrer spam and how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com referral traffic is essentially harmless to your website but if you value your website’s appreciate data it can be a problem. This type of referral traffic can mess up your Google Analytics reports. For example, it will appear to land on your website on a single webpage and leave from the same webpage which will create a 100% bounce rate. If how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com referrals fill your data multiple times per day your bounce rate and other data measured in Google Analytics reports can get out-of-hand.
If you visit the spam URL you will be forwarded to a new but very similar webpage that contains information and links to other websites owned by the same entity.
How to block how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com referral traffic
This guide shows you how to block how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com referrals in Google Analytics with a filter that stops how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com referrer spam at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | how.to.travel.and.make.money.with.maps.ilikevitaly.com | ilovevitaly.com | ilikevitaly.com