The YTDownloader virus (also known as the YouTube Downloader virus) is a term for invasive malware categorized as a browser hijacker and spyware that can infect a computer without consent or knowedlge and can also be manually and voluntarilly downloaded from
ytdownloader.com and other websites. The downside to YTDownloader malware is that YTDownloader primarily bundles with third-party malware and search engines including additional browser hijackers such as Tuvaro, causing unwanted redirections to third-party websites. YTDownloader also bundles with adware platforms and additional malware used to update and install items onto the compromised computer system.
YTDownloader and additional parties can access all data on all websites you visit and access all your tabs and browsing activity. This may include information manually submitted into forms such as home addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, bank account information, sensitive passwords, and more. Individuals who have downloaded YTDownloader or became infected by YTDownloader malware without consent have complained of excessive email spam, junk mail, and telemarketers, only to conclude that YTDownloader and third-parties may include individuals to marketing lists without their knowledge.
Issues with YTDownloader (YouTube Downloader)
Aside from the previously mentioned, YTDownloader is not safe for reasons concerning cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. Furthermore, lesser symptoms of the software has been detailed below:
- YTDownloader is an invasive browser hijacker that associates with known unethical third parties and scam artists.
- YTDownloader bundles with third-party search engines and adware, but does not allow users the opportunity to “opt out” of installing additional software when installing the YouTube recorder.
- YTDownloader engages in unethical marketing practices as it promotes itself as freeware, as a free tool used to download YouTube videos and videos from other sites, convert YouTube videos, and watch videos anywhere, but does not directly mention additional terms which. YTDownloader may entrap victims to unethical terms users would not agree with if presented with in a proper manner. You may have noticed a www.ytdownloader.com pop up window or pop-under advertisement appear when visiting suspicious websites, including torrent websites or file sharing websites.
How does YTDownloader malware infect a computer?
YTDownloader spyware can infect a computer via unethical marketing practices which may entrap victims to unethical terms, though YTDownloader primarily installs alongside third-party browser add-ons, extensions, and toolbars, as well as third-party freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
To remove or uninstall YTDownloader and third-party malware from your computer, please use the free YTDownloader removal instructions below.
How to remove YTDownloader virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove YTDownloader virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove YTDownloader
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call:
Option 1: Automatically remove YTDownloader virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “YTDownloader” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing YTDownloader we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove YTDownloader.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove YTDownloader
How to uninstall YTDownloader
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for YTDownloader in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click YTDownloader to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find YTDownloader in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove YTDownloader below.[/note]
How to remove YTDownloader add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the YTDownloader extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the YTDownloader add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the YTDownloader extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find YTDownloader in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove YTDownloader below.[/note]
YTDownloader virus removal tips
- If you do not find YTDownloader in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing YTDownloader you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.