How to remove the YTDownloader virus – Uninstall YTDownloader malware (Removal guide)
What is the YTDownloader virus (malware)?
The YTDownloader virus (also known as the YouTube Downloader virus) is a term for invasive malware categorized as a browser hijacker and spyware that can infect a computer without consent or knowedlge and can also be manually and voluntarilly downloaded from
ytdownloader.com and other websites. The downside to YTDownloader malware is that YTDownloader primarily bundles with third-party malware and search engines including additional browser hijackers such as Tuvaro, causing unwanted redirections to third-party websites. YTDownloader also bundles with adware platforms and additional malware used to update and install items onto the compromised computer system.
YTDownloader and additional parties can access all data on all websites you visit and access all your tabs and browsing activity. This may include information manually submitted into forms such as home addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, bank account information, sensitive passwords, and more. Individuals who have downloaded YTDownloader or became infected by YTDownloader malware without consent have complained of excessive email spam, junk mail, and telemarketers, only to conclude that YTDownloader and third-parties may include individuals to marketing lists without their knowledge.
Issues with YTDownloader (YouTube Downloader)
Aside from the previously mentioned, YTDownloader is not safe for reasons concerning cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. Furthermore, lesser symptoms of the software has been detailed below:
- YTDownloader is an invasive browser hijacker that associates with known unethical third parties and scam artists.
- YTDownloader bundles with third-party search engines and adware, but does not allow users the opportunity to “opt out” of installing additional software when installing the YouTube recorder.
- YTDownloader engages in unethical marketing practices as it promotes itself as freeware, as a free tool used to download YouTube videos and videos from other sites, convert YouTube videos, and watch videos anywhere, but does not directly mention additional terms which. YTDownloader may entrap victims to unethical terms users would not agree with if presented with in a proper manner. You may have noticed a www.ytdownloader.com pop up window or pop-under advertisement appear when visiting suspicious websites, including torrent websites or file sharing websites.
How does YTDownloader malware infect a computer?
YTDownloader spyware can infect a computer via unethical marketing practices which may entrap victims to unethical terms, though YTDownloader primarily installs alongside third-party browser add-ons, extensions, and toolbars, as well as third-party freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
To remove or uninstall YTDownloader and third-party malware from your computer, please use the free YTDownloader removal instructions below.
How to remove YTDownloader malware
- Automatically remove all YTDownloader malware – Scan for and automatically remove YTDownloader and third-party malware
- Manually remove YTDownloader malware – Remove and uninstall YTDownloader and third-party malware
1. Automatic YT Downloader removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove YTDownloader and third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall YTDownloader software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall YTDownloader and unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for YTDownloader, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual YT Downloader removal
Use the videos and text instructions below to manually uninstall YTDownloader using generic Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall YT Downloader malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for YTDownloader and other potentially unwanted software, including software downloaded from websites such as download.com. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the YT Downloader add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove YTDownloader add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars. Please note, there may be multiple third-party titles that may be need to be uninstalled and removed.
- Titles may include the Tuvaro Toolbar and YTDownloader Toolbar.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the YTDownloader extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the YTDownloader add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the YTDownloader add-on and remove it if located.