How to remove Web Suggestor Toolbar – Removal instructions (Uninstall guide)
Web Suggestor Toolbar
Web Suggestor Toolbar is malware (also found as the Web Suggestor virus, Websuggestor, etc.) in the adware and spyware category that uses browser hijackers to infect a Microsoft Windows computer system and attach to popular internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension without user consent.
Once installed Web Suggestor and similar “suggestor” malware including Keyword Suggestor Toolbar change existing internet browser settings including the homepages and default, managed, and provided search engines of the previously mentioned browsers. In turn this causes unwanted browser redirections, browser start-ups, displays unwanted advertisements, and causes many serious problems for computer users.
Web Suggestor Toolbar is also very difficult to uninstall and often blocks the process with a message that states “please close all instances of Chrome browser, etc.”
Web Suggestor Toolbar is a malicious program that Windows Operating Systems and most internet browsers including Google Chrome will attempt to block. Web Suggestor malware raises many concerns relating to the invasion of user privacy and cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. Furthermore, Web Suggestor may give access to dangerous third-party malware.
The Web Suggestor virus (though not technically a computer virus) also displays unwanted pop-up, in-text, banner, and coupon style advertisements without user permission.
How does Web Suggestor malware get onto a computer?
Web Suggestor malware can be manually downloaded and installed from
websuggestor.com as it is fraudulently promoted as a legitimate browser attachment allegedly used to suggest better keywords searches; however, most victims of the Web Suggestor virus have reported that the application installed without consent.
In some cases Web Suggestor may bundle with third-party items including freeware, shareware, and even torrents.
How to remove the Web Suggestor virus
- Automatically remove Web Suggestor – Scan for and automatically remove Web Suggestor and third-party malware
- Manually remove Web Suggestor – Remove/Uninstall Web Suggestor software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic Web Suggestor removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Web Suggestor and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Web Suggestor and associated third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Web Suggestor and other unwanted programs navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Web Suggestor, Keyword Suggestor Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Web Suggestor removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Web Suggestor and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Web Suggestor
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Web Suggestor, Keyword Suggestor Toolbar, and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Web Suggestor browser attachments
Use the instructions to remove Web Suggestor add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Web Suggestor Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Web Suggestor Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Web Suggestor Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.
Troubleshooting (Web Suggestor Suggestor won’t uninstall):
There are several solutions if uninstalling Web Suggestor Suggestor Toolbar is unsuccessful or if the program blocks the removal process by claiming that a browser window or process is open.