How to remove VacationXplorer Toolbar – Vacation Xplorer removal instructions (Uninstall guide)
What is VacationXplorer Toolbar?
VacationXplorer Toolbar, otherwise known as Vacation Xplorer is an extremely invasive add-on and extension for popular internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer powered by Ask.com, defined as malware in the browser hijacker category (referred to as the VacationXplorer virus). VacationXplorer Toolbar appears at the top of the internet browser window and when attached to an internet browser will cause redirections to the Ask.com and other websites. VacationXplorer may also display advertisements and coupons in a pop-up or drop-down style menu. Some reported indicate that VacationXplorer and related third-parties may promote in-text advertising.
VacationXplorer is known to change internet browser and start-up settings including the home page and default, managed, or provided search engine. This may cause “victims” to refer to VacationXplorer Toolbar as a computer virus (VacationXplorer virus), though VacationXplorer is technically categorized as potential malware. Most dangers directly concerning Vacation Xplorer and the VacationXplorer Toolbar relate to the invasion of privacy and entrapment. While it’s true that VacationXplorer can be manually and voluntarily installed, VacationXplorer and relating parties may not be direct with it’s users.
In some reports VacationXplorer and malware relating to Ask.com added users to marketing and mailing lists without consent. In some reports users received unwanted email spam (or soliciting emails), junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers. Most of the messages received were relating to recent browser activity, such as recent online purchases and searches. Other victims noted telephone calls from scam artists in attempt to phish additional information or extort money.
Information collected by VacationXplorer includes all data on your computer and the websites you visit. VacationXplorer may be direct with this if manually installing this add-on and extension. VacationXplorer Toolbar is not something you want on your computer. This data collected may include credit information, bank information, identity information, and even phone numbers and web activity used for marketing and phishing purposes previously discussed. If VacationXplorer is on your computer with or without your consent, it is very strongly suggested to remove it immediately.
How does VacationXplorer Toolbar infect a computer?
If VacationXplorer Toolbar and relating products are not manually and voluntarily installed from websites such as
vacationxplorer.com or download.com.
VacationXplorer malware can also be contracted via third-party downloads including freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents. It should be noted that most third-party entities online who essentially seek to monetize free downloadable content will likely submit to using unethical tactics such as affiliating with third-party browser hijackers. In some reports, removing third-party malware also removes symptoms associated with the VacationXplorer hijacker.
How to remove VacationXplorer Toolbar
- Automatically remove VacationXplorer Toolbar malware – Scan for and automatically remove Vacation Xplorer and third-party malware
- Manually remove VacationXplorer Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall VacationXplorer Toolbar software and third-party malware
1. Automatic VacationXplorer removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the VacationXplorer Toolbar hijacker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall VacationXplorer and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall VacationXplorer and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for VacationXplorer, Ask Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual VacationXplorer removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall VacationXplorer and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall VacationXplorer Toolbar malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for VacationXplorer Toolbar, VacationXplorer, Ask Toolbar, and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove VacationXplorer Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove VacationXplorer Toolbar add-ons, extensions, and plug-ins. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party titles.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the VacationXplorer Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the VacationXplorer Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the VacationXplorer add-on and remove it if located.