The TweetCaster virus is a term for an application published by OneLouder for Apple iPhones, Android phones, and other web use. However, third-party security vendors and numerous user complaints have suggested that TweetCaster leaves a computer and mobile device at risk of unwanted activity.
TweetCaster primarily bundles with third-party malware including adware, browser hijackers, and spyware such as Claro Search, in turn causing browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites.
OneLouder claims that their applications have a built in advertising solution that allows their apps to remain free for everyone to enjoy and share. In other words, TweetCaster is an ad-supported program that may not be considered malware to many experts due to the published warning about “advertising solutions” that help the TweetCaster application remain free.
Furthermore, if TweetCaster is attached to your internet browser or mobile device, the application may collect information or allow a third party access to your operating system in order to gather information without direct permission such as browser activity, browser history, credit card numbers, and passwords. The information collected is utilized to earn an unethical revenue source; be that third-party adware like CouponDropDown, or sponsored, malicious search engines like Claro Search.
Most TweetCaster mobile users complain that TweetCaster may generate fraudulent pop-up virus alert notifications.
How to remove the TweetCaster virus
- Automatically remove TweetCaster virus – Scan for and automatically remove TweetCaster and third-party malware
- Manually remove TweetCaster virus – Remove/Uninstall TTweetCaster and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic TweetCaster virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the TweetCaster virus and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall TweetCaster and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall TweetCaster and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for TweetCaster, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual TweetCaster virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall TweetCaster and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall TweetCaster
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for TweetCaster and other potentially unwanted software. Once TweetCaster is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
4. A pop-up browser window may appear and redirect to the High Lightly website once the software is successfully uninstalled.
How to remove TweetCaster add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove TweetCaster add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TweetCaster extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the TweetCaster add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the TweetCaster add-on and remove it if located.
- How to remove Text Enhance (adware)
- How to restore Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7)
- How to refresh/reset Microsoft Windows 8 Operating Systems
The permalink or URL for this page has a typo.