How to remove Trojanhorsexxx.com virus
Trojanhorsexxx.com is a deceptive website that contains dubious content in order to scare victims into believing their computers have malfunctioned. The website claims that a serious malfunction has been detected and promotes a rogue tech-support hotline.
The website is part of a tech-support scam designed to trick the unsuspecting internet user into calling the tech-support phone number listed on the webpage and purchasing a tech-support package.
When victim’s call the rogue tech-support phone number the company will attempt to persuade the victim into providing them with a remote connection to their computers. This will allow the malicious tech-support technician to install malware and and remote tools on the user’s computer system.
Trojanhorsexxx.com ads can be caused by two things:
- Advertising platform
If your computer is infected with adware you may notice ads that redirect you to the Trojanhorsexxx.com website. However, Trojanhorsexxx.com ads are sometimes caused by advertising platforms. If they advertisement is served through an advertising platform it could mean that the website you are visiting has embedded code into their webpages to display advertisements to their visitors.
An issue with adware is that it usually bundles with other potentially unwanted programs, malware, and malicious trace files. If you did not manually install the unwanted program on your computer but find it installed on your computer it is likely that the threat was part of a package alongside malicious objects that should be removed as soon as possible.
Removing adware from your computer immediately is strongly suggested. This program has a bad online reputation and may be the sign of a more serious computer infection. To completely remove Trojanhorsexxx.com and other threats from your computer use the removal guide below.
Alias: Trojanhorsexxx.com virus
Trojanhorsexxx.com Removal Guide
1. Download and Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to detect and remove malicious files from your computer.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
5. Download and Install HitmanPro by Surfright to perform a second-opinion scan.
6. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
7. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
8. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
9. Click the Reboot button.
10. Download and Install CCleaner by Piriform to cleanup junk files, repair your registry, and manage settings that may have been changed.
11. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
12. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
13. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know